Appraisal of property


Dear Sheronm:

Greetings. You cannot do anything except for having your attorney set up an agreeable time for this to happen or commence litigation and file a request for entry onto real property. If you enter the property after moving out and having your husband tell you that you cannot enter, then you cannot enter or you will be guilty of domestic criminal trespass. It does not matte rif your name is still on the deed for domestic criminal trespass to apply.

Now, if you decide to let the appraisers onto the property anyway because your husband will not be home, you take the risk of him coming home and calling the police, etc. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have been separated for 9 months, after 22 years of marriage and continued infidelities (his)! I moved out, took nothing and now finally have the money to start separation proceedings. I have had one consultation with my attorney and she asked that I get an appraisal of our property. We had it appraised 4 years ago and this will be a reappraisal by the same company and I will be paying for it.I set it up,complete with a time for my son who is 21 years old to be at the house and let the appraiser in. I called my husband and left him a message informing him of the time and my intentions. He refuses to allow them in the house. My name is still on the deed and will be until something is settled. What do I do?