Assistance with Filing for Judgement

I don’t know if it works in Orange county, but I do know in Durham County that just the attorney can be present for the final motion hearing. I wasn’t physically present for my divorce hearing in Durham Co., but my attorney was there.

Yes, you can hire an attorney to be present at the final hearing, the price varies depending on the attorney you hire.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

I filed for divorce in Orange County, NC and am at the stage where I am ready to receive the final judgement. My soon-to-be-ex had completed an answer letter waiving his right to trial and requesting that the final judgement be mailed to him. I contacted the courts to see if I could do the same, however they stated that I need to be present to finalize the divorce.

Here is my issue - I am currently on assignment in India and will not be back to the states for a few months. I would really like to get the judgement finalized as soon as possible and I was wondering if it would be possible to hire a lawyer to simply file the final motion for judgement and appear in court for me? I have completed the final motion so really all that I need is an attorney to represent me at the hearing. Also, if this is possible, what is the price range for this? Thanks!