Bed and board


Dear Lisa Jackson:

Greetings. You could try to change the locks and see if it works, although your spouse could get back in with the Sheriff’s help or the help of a locksmith.

Next, if you file for divorce from bed and board, make sure that you get an aggressive attorney, or you will wait a considerable amount of time prior to the trial. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I’ve been married for 3 months and I want to get him out of my house. I purchased my home prior to meeting him and marrying him. I have a 8 year old daugther that is not his. We married to quickly and are different cultures, religions, etc. He married me to get citizenship. He lied about loving me and he doesn’t pay any bills and sleeps separate from me. I want to change the locks and throw him out of my house, but I was told he could get a sheriff and come back because we are legally married. I want to file for the bed and board to get him out. Do I have to wait until I go to court after filing those papers or as soon as they are filed.[:)][:)]