Bigamy / Divorce


Theres nothing you can do to change a persons mind.


I do not think it matters if he knew or not. You were still married when you were “married” the second marriage is not legal and I doubt its valid.
From elsewhere on this site.

"Can I get an annulment?
Generally the answer to this question is no. Annulments are available only in limited circumstances in North Carolina… between persons either of whom has a spouse living at the time of the marriage…

What happens to you and him now is really up to the courts if he reports you for being a bigamist or not which if he wants an anullment instead of a divorce will have to occur.



My current husband and I were married in 2003 in NC, at the time my divorce from my first husband was not final in TN. We were both knowledgable about this. It was finalized 11 months later in 2004. He is now wanting a divorce and says he didn’t know it wasn’t final until it became final in 2004. I do not want a divorce and I would like to fight for marital counseling. He wants an anulment. Is there anything I can do since he does acknowledge that he has know for the past 18 months that it wasn’t final when we were wed??