Borderline personality disorder

A court has the authority to order an evaluation during the pendency of custody litigation. File your motion to modify custody and request the evaluation. Upon a showing of good cause the court will order the evaluation.

Lee S. Rosen
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

For the past three years my husband and I have been trying to remain active in his daughter’s life. My husband’s ex has very unpredictable behaviour, one day she wants us to be part of his daughters life, and then the next she denies him visitation. Mostly she is on her “bad” behaviour, we rarely get to see any “normal”, “rational” behaviour from her. We have been to court 3 times in order to enforce the visitation order. We would love to have custody of his daughter, we feel that she is in a chaotic home and would thrive in our home, our lawyer feels that we have almost enough to go for custody, but not quite. Can the court order my husband’s ex to be psychologically evaluated? If so, how can we get the ball rolling on that, and have her evaluated?