Breach of contract

I am not sure what you mean in that most of the breaches occurred prior to the marriage, however if your ex is not abiding by the agreement you should file an action. The Rosen Law Firm does not practice in Wautaga County, however the action will lie in the county you or your ex lives in, not where the agreement was signed or where the divorce took place.

Erin E. Clarey
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

Raleigh Office
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 943.0044

Sutton Station
5826 Fayetteville Rd. Suite 205
Durham, NC 27713
Phone: (919) 321-0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My wife and I are ready to consider litigation for breach of contract against her ex. We have compiled a rather long list of failures, and their effect on the two children living with us. Many of the “breaches” occured prior to our marriage, and would not necesarily be considered “upon remarriage”, as indicated in the MSA. Some are still revelant and are still causing problems.

The MSA and subsequent Absolute Divorce was granted in Wautaga County. Must we initiate legal proceedings there, and can the Rosen Firm assist us there?