Breaking court order


Dear parsons:

Greetings. That parent can file a Motion to Show Cause and ask that parent to be held in contempt. The parent can also file a custody action and ask for sole custody, depending on the treatment selected, the disregard shown for the other parent, and other circumstances. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


If a mother and father each have equal legal joint and physical custody of a 7 year old and a court order that states both parents have to mutually agree on non-emergency medical care, what are the consequences of one parent going against the wishes of the other parent as far as medical care that other parent is completely against.

Susan V. Parsons