Violoation of Court Order Contempt of Court


Dear Teresa Reyes:

Greetings. You should file a Motion to Show Cause. This document asks the court to hold him in contempt.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I was awarded permanent physical custody of my child, and my daughter’s father has visitation rights. He has been ordered not to call me at work except in emergency. He has called me at work and he recently signed our child in for an extracurricular activity that he only told me about after the child had attended. Can you tell me what I need to file to show that he is disobeying the court order? Thank you. We reside in Wake County, NC, the court order is from Wake County, NC.