Contempt / Prayer for releif


Dear Disbelief:


  1. File a motion to show cause, ask for fines, jail time, and attorney fees, but most of all for her to do what the judge says in the order.

  2. No, that is not likely to happen

  3. I am not clear on this question. She is violating an order, not the law. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My Ex must sign a quick claim deed for the home agreed upon in the Consent for ED.
I have requested this be completed verbally 15 or more times since Dec.

I have provided the documents via regular mail
I have provided the documents via certified mail and she refuses to accept them.
I provided the documents on her “New” address doorstep she states she has not recieved them.

Communication is only via voice mail and letters now including with the child with no response

And I really have no Idea where she is, Of Course she complained abuse against me and she is scared of me dependant and all the above with very good results without any eveidence ever presented to the courts.

So her is my ?

  1. what releif may I ask the court for in this situation?

  2. Can I ask for the entire agreement to be vacated in a contempt motion?

  3. What laws would be violated in this type of situation?

Thanks again Disbelief

Disbelief in the system