Can husband sue ex for criminal conversation

he can file anything he wants… BUT with CC and AoA so hard to prove and the fact that you were already seperated, it will be just about impossible to show that the new relationship affected your marriage. He’ll just be wasting his money on lawyers. IMHO, since I am not a lawyer.

I didn’t think CC had to contribute to the demise of the marriage in order to be found valid.

On the other hand, AoA need not be sex, CC must be sex.

Criminal conversation is an action that can be brought against a third party who has sexual relations with your spouse. If you had a sexual relationship with this third party prior to the date of your divorce, then this third party can be sued for criminal conversation.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

My question is, can my husband (whom I am separated from for over 1 year)sue an ex friend for criminal coversation.

My husband left NC 10/26/06 and went back to CA to live. He just moved back to NC 11/12/07. He lives in a different county. I meet someone else in Jan 2007. Our relationship ended in June of 2007. Can my husband still sue him for criminal conversation even though he was not living in NC, we were and are still separating (now pursuiting divorce)and that relationship ended over 8 months ago?

Jacenta Thompson