Can I legally force the EX to get a job

The Ex have not worked for the last 4 years. Although she has 2 degrees (AS & BS). The main reason I like for her to work so she help with child support, and I can put money aside for kids educations. We have joint custody. Can I legally force her to work. Appreciate responses.

No, you cannot force her to work, but if the issue of child support is before the court, you can ask the court to impute income to her for use in the child support calculations. Pursuant to the child support guidelines, income can be imputed to a party if he or she is unemployed or underemployed in bad faith or he or she is deliberately suppressing his or her income to avoid or minimize his or her child support obligation.