Change of Jurisdiction

My divorce and custody was filed in NC. I have primary physical custody, we share permanent joint custody. I moved from NC a year ago with our child, with permission. My ex will be moving out of NC next month. He will not be moving to the state the child and I live in. I want to change jurisdiction to the state I live in. Do I need his permission to change jurisdiction from NC? I have been following our agreement 100%, he has failed to do anything he was ordered.

You will need to address your question to an attorney in the state in which you reside. In NC, we have specific forms for registering a foreign custody order, and your state may have similar forms for you to use.

Thank you, I appreciate the response and advice.