Cheated wife. I forgive her verbally then

I found out my wife is in affair. I collected all of the evidences and met attorney for separation. She asked forgiveness I needed time to think about it and after that I forgive her verbally with some of the conditions like. Quit the job where you had an affair with the man, Stop seeing/contact with this man.

She quit her job BUT after 2 weeks she meet this man again. I can not accept it anymore, she broke the conditions I asked for. Can I lawsuit Divorce from Bed and Board against her? I had no sexual intercourse or anything but I verbally forgive her I don’t know if that count as legal ‘condoning’ which can void my evidences that I collect in the past month?

Yes, based on the information you have provided, you can file a court action against your wife for divorce from bed and board.

It will be harder to argue that you did not condone the affair if you verbally forgave her. Plus, be careful about the amount of time that passes between finding out about the affair and a separation. The more time that passes, the more likely it will be considered that you condoned the affair, although there is no set period of time considered to be a condonation.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.