Child custody modifications

My children’s mother and me have split custody, 50/50. Is it possible that she can get the custody order modified if I’ve had sex with hooker’s? The children were on the mother’s time, and did not see anything or know anything.

A custody order can only be modified with a showing of a substantial change in circumstances affecting the wellbeing of the minor child(ren).

It’s very unlikely the mother can show a substantial change in circumstances based on things you are doing during your own time while the children are in her custody. She would likely not be able to show the children are in danger or you are a safety concern to the children based only on things you do outside of your custodial periods while you know the children are safely in her care, as long as those things to not spill over into your custodial periods.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.