Child custody questions

I have a domestic protection order against my husband and I have temporary custody of our 3 yr old. My husband was arrested and in jail overnight for communicating a threat. I want to file for custody of my son but still allow visitation rights to his father. What forms do I need to file and where would I find the forms? I cannot afford a lawyer. I have the hearing for the protection order on Monday and would like to file for custody. Please point me in the right direction. I do have acces to a local library if I can find them there. Please help.