Child Custody

My husband and I were married and NC and he was in the military. He was discharged and we moved to Texas (his home state) about 3 months ago. Things are not working out and I would like to come back to NC and bring our son with me. Can I do that? Can I go ahead and go back home to NC without getting into any trouble until custody/divorce is settled?

I am unfamiliar with the custody laws in Texas. In North Carolina a parent can file for emergency custody to prevent a child from being moved from the jurisdiction; Texas may have something similar. I would consult with an attorney before you move out of state with the child.