Ex moving out of state with kids


My ex wife and I have been separated since September but nothing has been filed through a court. There is no current separation agreement and she stated she is going to take and move our three children to Virginia. Is she allowed to take them away like that and if I don’t agree with that do I have to file an injunction to stop here from moving out of state? Thank you!


You can file for emergency custody. In North Carolina, the court may enter temporary orders providing for the custody and support of children in order to prevent a child’s removal from the jurisdiction.