Child Custody?


Dear mdooris:

Greetings. What is your question please?

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


Ok, my NC divorce is final but my ex-wife and I have never had a custody agreement entered into the court. She has physical custody currently and I have had visitation with my children. We have verbally agreed to visitation. Since the divorce my ex-wife has moved to Virginia with both my children, I have moved to Colorado. I recently found out the my daughter has been missing quite a lot of school because my ex-wife has had to do things for work and could not keep her in school. My son is in day care from 6:30 in the morning to 5:30 at night because of her work schedule. I believe that her schedule is interfering with what is best for my children and I would now like physical custody. Of course, she doesn’t agree.