Dear helpme:

Greetings. Possibly you could get sole custody, but you need to speak with an attorney in the county you live in who knows the judges, etc. and can hear the entire story. Begin taking pictures now and have them see a psychologist to help them through this difficult transition in their lives. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I currently have joint physical and legal custody of my three children. I am wondering if there is a way that I can obtain full custody of my children. My ex-wife has since remarried and I see that my children are being neglected the love and caring they require. They are always sick and look like little hobos when I pick them up. I pay my ex-wife good money for child support, but it appears she is using it for other things other then my children. I know that you have to prove neglect and there has to be extreme circumstances, but is there a loop hole around that. My children hate it and cry when its time for me to bring them back to their mothers. They are to young to make the decision on their own. I feel strongly that they need to be with me. I feel stuck because there seem like no easy answer and it hurts everytime I send them back to her. I feel I have to wait for her to do something extremely wrong. What can I do? Help please. Thanks