Custody question


Dear swill31:

Greetings. Yes, you can file a motion to modify custody and ask for sole custody. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have primary custody of my daughter. My ex-husband has visitation rights. I just found out that his has three warrants out for his arrest. He owes me over 9,000 in child support. I want to know is there anything I can do to get full custody. I want him to have no rights to my daughter. I am afraid that he will take her and not bring her back home. He did this before the custody order was established and I had to get a temporary custody and the sheriff’s had to go get her.