Venue Change (part 2)

This was answered already. Please be careful not to duplicate your posts, as this wastes our time in getting to answer others’ questions. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

The issue is custody, we have joint custody. Eventually, I would like to get it changed to where I have full custody and he ONLY has visitation rights. Currently, my son lives with me and my ex gets him every other weekend and 3 weeks total during June, July and August.

What would I have to do to get the venue changed? Do I go to that county? Or can I do it in this county? Does an attorney have to change the venue or can I talk to the judge?