Venue change

Dear blondie1976:

Greetings. If you want venue changed you have to file a Motion to Change Venue in the county where the action is filed. You can have the motion heard on your own without an attorney, but I always think that having an attorney may be a better option. Good luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

301 McCullough Drive Suite 510
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

I am sorry for this again, I am just not sure what to do. Here are the questions I have asked previously and didn’t get a response to them.
What would I have to do to get the venue changed? Do I go to that county? Or can I do it in this county? Does an attorney have to change the venue or can I talk to the judge on my own?

Thank you – I am not upset, just frustrated that the system recognizes my son as living in my ex’s county, when his doctor, school, therapy/counseling is done in my county.