Child safety seat


Dear agent4323:

Your child’s safety is more important than him signing a separation agreement. If he does not sign the separation agreement, you can always take him to court. If he does not maintain your child’s safety, there is no recourse. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My soon to be X is absolutely refusing to drive my 4 year old in a child safety seat in his car. He has not signed our separation papers and this separation is now going on 18 months. I want him to provide a car seat for the child, but am afraid if I contact authorities, he will not sign the papers. What should I do? I have offered to purchase one for him, and yet he still refuses.