Child Support Calculations / military or state?

Dear Jimmy:

Greetings. I do not know of a military calculator. He may be speaking about a military subsidy for soldiers with families and children. Nevertheless, if the child lives in North Carolina, the North Carolina Child Support Guidelines are presumptive and therefore apply. Contact the NC Child Support Enforcement agency if he will not agree to pay you the child support you and your child deserve. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

My husband and I recently divorced. We have joint custody and he spends less than 10 nights a year with his father. He is in the military and he says that the military child support calculator says he owes me 275 a month. But the state calculator says he owes me 575 a month. Which calculator is correct…the military version or the NC state calculator? Thanks.