Child support changed

I am currently receiving $724/month in child support for my 2 children, which was established in May 2010. During that time, my exhusband said there was no way that he could possibly afford that much. I had agreed to drop support down to $450. Child support enforcement sent him the paperwork to be signed and notorized and that after he had signed the paperwork, I would have to sign it too. After a few days of thinking it through, I had decided not to go through with lowering support payments and canceled my appointment to come in to sign the paperwork. I just found out 2 days ago that the case worker that I had worked with at that time did in fact submit the paperwork to the court, WITHOUT my signature, and a judge signed it. However, all of this time he has always been ordered to pay $724. To say the least, I was in shock that they could lower child support without my signature on the paperwork and the new case worker said that I made a verbal agreement to have it changed. How is this possible??? I chose NOT to sign the paperwork. The caseworker that I dealt with at the time made it clear that I also had to sign the agreement. I canceled the appointment and never heard from her again. And I had assumed that since it wasn’t signed it couldn’t be submitted. She said that since the Judge already signed it, there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, even though I never agreed (by signing the paperwork) to lowering child support. How do they know that it wasn’t his girlfriend or friend calling? I am just sick over this and I’m not sure what to do. And the new case worker even said to me that there was a mistake because it never should have been submitted because I didn’t sign the paperwork. She then called me back and said, “Sorry, but you made a verbal agreement.” Are you kidding me? It sounds like they are just covering themselves.

A verbal agreement is not binding, and you can file a motion for relief from judgment.