Child support order


My husband and I have been separated since March 2009, however we never filed anything legally. If i file for child support now for our 16 and 18 year old will it backdate to March of 2009? The 18 year old is still in high school but will graduate in June. WIll support end in June or continue if he goes to college?

Thank you.


Retroactive guideline child support can be sought back to the date of filing of the complaint. If you are seeking to be reimbursed for unpaid support from the date of separation you will have to prove actual expenses. Support for your eldest will continue until he graduates from high school.