Child Support Question


Dear Heidi:

Greetings. He could file a motion to garnish wages in North Carolina if the action was here, but since the action resides in another state, he should contact an attorney in that state. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My husband and I live in NC, his divorce case is on file in another state and the ex-wife and children no longer live in that state.

He would like to have child support taken from his paycheck by Income Deduction order through the court. Can he initiate this process himself and who do we contact to get this started? He is not behind nor has he ever been behind on child-support.

Thank you for your help!