Child support question

You should probably contact your local child support office immediately and tell them what is going on. If you are having the money deducted from your pay it takes a while to go into effect as it does go through Raleigh. You may want to contact the payroll person at your new job and tell them what is going on, I’m sure you are not the only person who has money deducted and they are the ones who will deduct.
I wouldn’t pay any money unless you have proof, check or receipt.

If Child Support Enforcement took you to court then you should contact them and find out how much you owe. If you went to court with CSE you will most likely be paying through centralized collections, you can contact them to find out about different payment options. CSE may intend to garnish your wages, in which case, it will come out of your check directly.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

two weeks ago I got passed a judgement to pay child support but they didn’t work out the numbers before I left court and I didn’t sign anything…what I understood though is that I would have to have the money taken out of my paycheck…but I just had to change jobs recently and still don’t exactly know how much I am suppose to pay? no one seems to know and I’ve also had income imputed to me…should I just go ahead and pay x amount of dollars a month? does it have to go through somewhere(like raleigh)? should I pay my ex in cash? he said he won’t write me a receipt…I don’t have a checking account due to my credit…should I pay hiom with a money order or certified bank check? I want to make sure I’m doing this right, I don’t want to get inot trouble…