I am owed child support

If he is not complying with the agreement then your option is to either take him back to court for child support or take the case to Child Support Enforcement Agency in your county, which may still likely to end up in court.
Neither option is very “graceful” or nice. He could file for modification of child support due to this unemployment, but if he is not working voluntarily then the court would impute income for him.
Make sure to keep records of those payments made and missed and the canceled checks.

Visitations are not affected by whether or not child support is paid. The courts see this as two separate issues.

If you are not satisfied with the services of your attorney you should have a consultation with another attorney and get an opinion regarding your legal rights and options. If your e is not cooperating the best way for you to address the child support issue is to go to court and ask them to set a reasonable amount of child support.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

Charlotte Office
301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
Main Phone: (704)307.4600
Main Fax: (704) 9343.0044

Durham & Chapel Hill Office
1829 East Franklin Street
Building 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
(919) 321.0780


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

www.ncchildsupport.com It costs 25.00 to file and they handle everything from collection to enforcement to amount. This is a state-run office… not one of theose we’ll collect for a precentage places.

My ex had been paying me child support in a timely manner for the last 2 1/2 years. He is no longer working and basically told me he isnt going to pay the child support that we agreed on when we divorced. I still let him see our daughter because its not her fault. I am lucky I have had some money saved, but its not going to last forever. I have a lawyer and she keeps blowing me off. I feel so stuck! He also owes me bank fess since he put a stop payment on one of the CS checks I already deposited. HELP please! I am trying to handle this gracefully even though he is always nasty towards me