Child Support Question


I filed for divorce this week and am waiting for the summons to be served on my stbx. Now I need to know if I need to file for custody (we agreed on joint custody) and then child support or can I get child support without the custody? He lives in another state and has not seen the child in over a year, despite my efforts to get er out there to see him for the summer and at christmas vacation. He also only calls twice a month if that.


If you have an agreement concerning custody I do suggest you draw up a formal written agreement. You may file for child support at any time through the child support enforcement office in your county.