Child support vs medical ins






Assuming you are currently married, until the final divorce judgment, his employer would not likely allow him to remove you from his insurance without your signature or proof of additional insurance coverage. You may want to contact a company that offers private insurance to determine whether you can find a low premium insurance plan. If you have a claim for spousal support or alimony, be sure to consider your cost for insurance in your budget. Hope this helps.

Deborah M. Throm
Rosen Law Firm
1829 E. Franklin Street, Bldg. 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.256.0017 direct
919.321.0780 main voice

4101 Lake Boone Trail
Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
919.256.1544 direct
919.787.6668 main voice

301 McCullough Drive
Suite 510
Charlotte, NC 28262
704.644.2531 ext. 100


My husband currently carries the entire family on his insurance through work. I am diabetic and can not afford to be with out ins. Is there anything I can do to insure he does not drop my coverage in retaliation to me filing child support?