Child Support


In NC is it true that if the recipient parent of the support believes their ex is intentionally not working or not seeking re-employment, that they can apply for county support and the county would seek reimbursement from the ex spouse?


Is this true for NC?


If you are eligible for government assistance you may seek the same. The government may then on its own accord try and seek recoupment from the non-paying parent, if warranted. You will have to qualify for state assistance based on your current situation.