Child Support

Is child support based on your current income or on your previous W-2? I worked the whole of last year but the company I work for is in the process of going out of business, so shortly I will be unemployed. Which would the support amount be based on?

Child support is based on current incomes, though old tax documents can be used to verify income. In your case your tax returns can be used to show the amount of income you are capable of earning.