Child support based on non traditional income

Hello, I have been paying child support for 10 years and it have been based on my yearly w-2’s. Now I am working part time in the Real Estate business and I have received income but my expenses are offsetting that income on my taxes. Same also applies to a new rental property that I have. All income is offset by expenses on tax returns.
How will the courts look at this 1099 income? Will they take into consideration the expenses?

1099 income is treated as earned income, just the same as W-2 income. To get an idea of what your child support obligation will be, use our child support calculator. You’ll note that the worksheet calls for your gross income, not your net income. You can always ask the court for a deviation if you feel that the calculation supported by the guidelines is unfair.