Contempt/Motion to show Cause


In Cabarrus

If someone has been denied court order visitation, should there be a motion for contempt filed or a motion to show cause (or both?)

I asked at the clerks office if there were forms to use and I was just told that it needs to be in NC form. Are there any samples out there?


Yes, if you are being denied the visitation that was allowed in a court order, you should file a motion for order to appear and show cause and/or a motion for contempt.

If you need assistance with forms,you should consider signing up for Rosen Online where we can provide you with the forms and advice on filing the motion(s).