Contempt of custody order


I was granted full primary custody of both of my children and their fathers visitation was suspended until he presented himself to the court as proved a clean drug screen and a stable environment…
This past week my daughter went to visit her grandfather who in turn let her go to her dad’s and she now won’t leave! Cops say it’s civil and they c ant enforce it even tho it says law enforcement may intervene if needed…
What exactly do I need to file to get my ex and his dad for ignoring the court order, getying a no contact issued, and getting my daughter back home before she is pregnant by her dad like his other daughter Is?
I contacted d.s.s. and they left her at her grandfaters because to get her way and stay she lied and said my boyfriend of 11 years (who went out of his way to welcome her into his home, teach her how to fix stuff on cars, how to fish, drag race, helped her get a job… yada yada) he treated her like his own and she claimed now he molested her to get her way. How can I get her out of there asap


I’m not understanding how if he has no visitation how the police didn’t stop her from walking back into his house with him… his grandson was just removed by dss and placed in a home when he was busted with meth and they found meth in the 4 year olds system… I am at a loss … nc laws are so screwed…
The police won’t do their job and I can’t afford another lawyer… I’m dying
I need to know exactly what to print out and file to burn them a new one…


You will need to file a motion for emergency ex parte custody. This is asking the court for an emergency ex parte custody order. The judge will grant the emergency custody motion if the minor child is exposed to substantial risk of bodily injury or sexual abuse. There is no pre-printed form for this.

You can also file a contempt motion (called a motion and order to appear and show cause) for the father taking custody of the minor child despite having a court order and knowing about the court order that prohibits him from having any custody or visitation time.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.