In our custody order it states that my ex husband has our daughter every Wednesday night from 3pm until 7pm. I have plans to be out of town with her this next Wednesday. Would I be in contempt of the order if I made accommodations for him to make up the time?

It depends on what the other provisions of the order are, like if there are provisions for you vacationing with your child, or provisions when you have to schedule something that interferes with his time. If none of these apply, and he won’t agree to accommodate you, yes, you could be found in contempt if the judge finds that you were in willful violation of the order, but that would require him to file a motion.