Court order



Greetings. I don’t understand what you mean about not having overnight visits at the marital residence…can you please be more specific?

No, I doubt it that your child support will increase just because you sell the house. If you have child support set by the guidelines, then the amount you pay will not change for 3 years or until the income has changed more than 15%. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I have primary custody of my son but I pay her child support and within the order it states that I’m not to have overnight visits at the marrital address, so will I be violating the order if I move in with someone and will my child support increase if I sell the marrital home.