Court Procedure?

You may send him Interrogatories or Request for Production of documents. He gets thirty days to respond and can request an extension of thirty days from the court.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

<>

So this should be done 30 days BEFORE my hearing happens where I am to answers the interragatories?
I would think so…but it may be less than 30 days til that hearing
from right now…???
Would also I have a countercomplaint with this? or am I in
a defense position only…

this is where I get confused and on timing issues.

Jessica Almond

If he has served you with a complaint, you would file an Answer and Counterclaims, that is how you would assert your own actions.

However, requesting documents from him is a different process from filing an answer and counterclaims. If you serve them on him with less than 60 days you can file a motion and ask the court to shorten the time he has to answer, the Judge has the discretion to do this, but can choose not to.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.787.6361 main fax

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.

Re: my divorce case thus far.
Was served with a FAULT divorce suit. Bed & something,adultery, etc. Want of HIS divorce fees paid.property split, permanent alimony etc etc to a forgerer, swindler, thief who I have ONLY been married to for
since 1/21/2006 and whom had NOT one dime nor contributed but only
destroyed me.
ALL bogus charges by my career criminal sweetheart swindler husband.
Pages of questions (interogatory?) to answer. Aug.
hearing set.

I am copying ALL info which is a HUGE task on financial
end.
What would be the next step on MY side?
Is there not a countercomplaint made on my behalf to
opposition? what is it called? and a list of
questions to be answered BEFORE This date and how
long before does it have to be made?

Also on list of questions to ask…can I ask
questions about his previous divorce if any to a
woman I found he married in 1996 but did not show
divorce date from on marriage license/application.
This would open up the door for him to HAVE to prove if
such divorce HAPPENED and also his perjury for not
stating so on application…and perhaps a bigamy charge
out of it IF this question can be asked and an
answer HAS to be replied. Of GREAT importance.

THANKS for your helpfulness

NOT stated on marriage application

Jessica Almond