Divorce Extension


If your husband filed a divorce action against you and you have received it by certified mail or by sheriff, then you ask the court for an extension of 30 days. Go to the clerks office to ask for the extension.

Lisa M. Angel
Board Certified Family Law Specialist
The Rosen Law Firm
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, NC 27607
(919) 781-1741 direct voice
(919) 256-1660 direct fax
(919) 787-6668 main voice
(919) 787-6361 main fax
email: angel@rosen.com

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I am in desperate need of help in filing a 30 day extension for my divorce. This would not be necessary if my ex-husband did as he was asked. The 30 days is quickly coming up and I really need your help. Please call me at 919-763-0666 if you have any questions. I am a 38 year old female, on SS Disability, which is $869 per month. My medications alone cost more than that. I wouldso appreciate any help you can give me. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Elizabeth Daly