I noticed that no one replied to this but I wanted to let you know that in NC there is a 30 day waiting period after you are served divorce papers to contest anything in them. You can have your attorney file for an extension on this time by 30 days for matters relating to the divorce only, not for child support or custody, but for property distribution if this is not already being decided in separation agreement or court.
Good luck.

Hi Everyone!
I am in desperate need to extend my divorce by 30 days. I am quite ill with Lupus, Diabetes and Rheumatoid arthritis and really need some help asap. I will need to file this onMonday. I appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks so much and Happy New Year![:(]