Delay Divorce?

Me and my husband have been seperated for a year and have lived in NC for 6 months, I am wanting to proceed with the divorce, but he doesnt want to, he said he will hold it up. I know that there is a 30 day period that takes place after he will get served the papers? I just want to know if he can delay it any longer than that by contesting it? FYI- We have not reconcile or anything, he just wants to be a pain because I want the divorce.

As far as I know he cannot delay the divorce once you have lived separate and apart for 1 year and 1 day.

You can get the divorce, but he could get pending claims in for ED of property, etc which would still keep that stuff unresolved.

The only way for him to contest the divorce is to say you haven’t separated for the required time.