Criminal conversation case


Dear bsbrady58:

Greetings. Was this criminal conversation or alienation of affection? You already have an order to pay this if they won in court. They can enforce it through the court through a Motion to Show Cause. It will not immediately go against your credit record.

I cannot advise you on an appeal on line, but you can always call us to review the case to see if you are eligible for an appeal. Best of luck.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Divorce
4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


I just lost a case for criminal conversation, in which the plaintiff won a settlement for $25000 compensatory damages, $40000 punitive damages. I have no means to pay this amount. I’ve heard a judgement may be issued against me for this, but if I don’t pay it, it goes against my credit record, making it difficult to apply for jobs, purchasing a home, aquiring a student loan, etc. I’m told that an appeal will in all likelihood be turned down.
I have two children from my marriage, and a son from my current relationship that I am trying to pay support. What are my options in these matters?
Thank you,