Criminal Conversation

Over 2 1/2 years ago, my wife was coerced by her boss into an affair, but it has not been three years yet. He controlled her and led her into this situation. During this time, she moved out for about 40 days. We got back together and things are great, but I have lots of evidence from a PI that there was a sexual relationship and she has also admitted it. Can I still file Criminal Conversation charges against the guy. If so, what would be the effect of her testifying if the case went to court. What would be my chances of winning and what would be the range of the attorney’s fees? This guy is fairly well off, so if there were to be a judgement, he has something to go after. Would there be the possibility of an out of court settlement?

You may still file an action for criminal conversation. The effect of your wife testifying will depend on the judge’s findings regarding her testimony, and what he or she believes. I cannot predict the chances of winning, or any other projected outcome in a case.
Anytime a lawsuit is filed I would say there is a chance of an out of court settlement.

[quote=“Erin Clarey”]You may still file an action for criminal conversation. The effect of your wife testifying will depend on the judge’s findings regarding her testimony, and what he or she believes. I cannot predict the chances of winning, or any other projected outcome in a case.
Anytime a lawsuit is filed I would say there is a chance of an out of court settlement.[/quote]

Can you explain what you mean by “the effect of your wife testifying will depend on the judges’s findings regarding her testimony, and what he or she believes.”

Even without her admission, I have the evidence from the PI.

Thanks

The judge could find that the two of you are acting in collusion against the defendant.

No, that is not the case, I have enough evidence with her testimony. Do you think I have a good enough case to go thru with it or does it hurt my case that we are still together. As I said before, she was coerced into this, but she is to blame also. I would like to know if you practice in my area or could reccomend someone if you don’t. I don’t want to say my area on the open forum, is there a way to private message or email you?

The fact that you are still together could raise concerns regarding collusion. If you would like to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our attorneys please contact our client liaison by dialing the main number and selecting extension 100.

I can assure you that there is no collusion, but I see your point. As I said, I am not in any of your areas. Do you cover the entire state? (just wondering if you do) I will try to call your office if you don’t respond. The reason I was wondering, was that it would be more costly for you to travel if you don’t service my area.

We do not cover the entire state, our client liaison will be able to tell you if we practice in your area.

Your liaison said you do not cover my area and there were no Practices listed on your referral list. Can you give me a Firm that can assist me. Thanks. Can you pm or email me?

Please ask our client liaison for a referral in or near your area.

She could not give me one. If you email me, I will give you my area.
Thanks.

I do not have anymore information that she does, and would suggest you use our lawyer locator to find the attorney nearest your area.

The Lawyer locator did not show anyone in my area, I was hoping you may know of someone. If you email or pm me I will give you my area.