Criminal conversation

You can sue her from criminal conversation, it is so expensive because not a lot of attorney’s do this type of litigation, and those that do are highly specialized. You are paying for their experience. People do not generally win large recoveries for criminal conversation, so it is generally not worth it to file.

Helena M. Nevicosi
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.

If a spouse left the home, bought a new house, invited girl friend to move in and freely admits this then why isn’t this a simple case of criminal conversation if I bring this against the girlfriend. Do I have to show that their adultery has caused me some harm? It actually did force me to terminate my job as both spouse and girlfriend work in the same field and it made an intolerable work environment. I have a specialized degree and I now have to move in order to find an equivalent shop or just not work or take a lower paying job(which I did). Our youngest is 10 so I do not wish to relocate. Why would this type of case cost so much to litigate?