Custody & help

Is there a way to get financial help when going for custody or at least joint custody? The mom has kept the child away from the father; the father has faithfully paid child suuport every month, he sends cards & letters, and also tries to call but the calls are never anwered. He has begged & pleaded for timewiith his child without success. There is no agreement in place simply because he took her word that they would share custody & that he could see his child at any time.

The father may need to file a custody action against the mother. If the mother is not allowing the father time with the child, then a custody action can help the father get a court ordered custody schedule that both parents would have to follow.

The father can have access to a library of legal forms and communicate with an attorney through our Rosen Online Service. This service only costs $199/month, and would be a great resource for him to handle his custody issues without spending thousands of dollars retaining an attorney.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.