Joint Custody

The mother of my child and I have a verbal agreement regarding joint custody of our daughter. The child support I pay is based on joint custody. I would like to get something in writing as she fluctuates back and forth on when and if I get my daughter. She is now saying she does not want me to have joint custody. I just starting working again and can not really afford an attorney. Will social services help with custidy issues? Are their papers I can file without an attorney that can help resolve this matter. Thanks

I almost always advise people to put their custody arrangements in a court order, not an agreement as there are usually more benefits to having an order than an agreement. To my knowledge, there is no public assistance for filing a custody action. You should consider using Rosen Online. We will assist you with forms and answer your questions for a low monthly fee.