Custody Modification


Dear meema:

Greetings. As long as the counselor is an expert, they will be able to testify. My suggestion is to speak with an attorney and get a recommendation of an expert in your area. Thank you.

Janet L. Fritts
Attorney with Rosen Law Firm

4101 Lake Boone Trail, Suite 500
Raleigh, North Carolina 27607
919.787.6668 main phone
919.256.1665 direct fax

10925 David Taylor Drive, Suite 100
Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
704.644.2831 main voice
704.307.4595 main fax

1829 East Franklin Street, Bldg 600
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
919.321.0780 main phone
919.787.6668 main fax


The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service but a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action.


My son’s (3yrs old) doctor has recommended that he see a psychologist due to the trauma he is going through with a recent court order “joint custody” Long story…all done for lowering child support (father even testified under oath that’s why he wanted joint)…Anyway…as long as this is asomeone with appropriate credentials…wil they able to testify if I go for modification of custody? Or will the psychologist have to be one the court recommends.

Diane Hall