Custody order

If the custody order has been typed up incorrectly what can I do to get it corrected to what the judge actually ordered. Opposing attorney put incorrect schedule in for when school started. The judge had ordered for my ex to pick up child from school on Friday and then we meet at halfway point at 6 p.m. on Sunday. However, his attorney put in the order for me to meet ex at 4:00 p.m. on Friday at halfway point and then ex bring child to school on Monday. We live 2 hours apart and son has to be at school at 7:15 - 7:45 a.m. (considered tardy after 7:45 a.m.) There is a lot of corruption in this county and I believe his attorney did this deliberately to get him more overnights which in the longrun he will be paying about the same in gas as he drives an SUV gas-guzzler. I tried to tell my attorney the custody order was wrong, but he would not help me as usual.

Thanks for all your help.

In my experience… lawyers intentionally miss-type things, whether they be times, dates, numerical amounts, schedules, … you name it. They’re hoping you don’t thoroughly read the documents you’re signing and giving their client the upper hand.

I know what you mean. All of the above have happened to me and two orders have been typed up incorrectly with wrong information about amounts, court dates, schedules, and medical record information…unbelieveable. I think the legal system needs a complete reform and enough good people need to stand up against all the bad/corrupt ones to make this happen. I am really disappointed in how things have been handled in this county and I have heard it is just as bad in other counties as well.

I’ve had the same thing happen here, especially with child support numbers and dates. You can’t do anything in good faith, you have to be completely aware and vigilant otherwise you’ll just get taken advantage of. To a certain extent you can’t even trust your own lawyer. I’m convinced a lot of lawyers get together and determine their own game plan and try to convince both spouses to agree to whatever terms they have pre-arranged.