Custody orders

Children father and I have shared custody. Yet, children father does not follow custody orders (temporary custody agreement). I only communicate with him via email. Therefore, I have all the evidence to show that, during his parenting weeks he leaves children with me and goes on vacation with his current wife. I explained everything to my attorney and it seems like my attorney is not understanding me. I want full custody of the children due the facts, he is not responsible father and not reliable. My attorney thinks I am trying to punish kids father for not following the rules instead of understanding, what I have been dealing with for almost three years. Any advice?
Thank you

If the father has court ordered custodial time and is routinely not exercising it, then you can use the evidence of all of those times at a permanent custody hearing to create a picture for the judge that the father is not capable of handling his custodial time, isn’t interested in handling his custodial time, not showing he wants to exercise his constitutional rights as a parent with his children, etc.

There’s no guarantee that this will result in you having primary or sole physical custody, but it helps strengthen your argument.

Anna Ayscue

Attorney with Rosen Law Firm Cary • Chapel Hill • Durham • Raleigh • Wake Forest

Rosen Online | Unlimited confidential access to a North Carolina attorney for $199/mo - click here

The response posted above is based upon the limited factual information made available and is not intended as a full and complete response to the question. The only reliable manner to obtain complete and adequate legal advice is to consult with an attorney, fully explain your situation, and allow the attorney sufficient opportunity to research the applicable law and facts required to render an accurate opinion. The basic information provided above is intended as a public service only, a full discussion with an attorney should be undertaken before taking any action. The information posted on this forum is available for public viewing and is not intended to create an attorney client relationship with any individual. These answers are provided for informational purposes only, a person should consult with their own individual legal counsel before taking any action that could affect their legal rights or obligations.